Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to get started?
All you need to enjoy the Fitter U Fitness workouts is a computer - an iPod (or mp3 player) is also recommended so that you can download the workouts and take them with you to the gym.
What if I don't have an iPod or mp3 player?
Not to worry. You can still do all of the workouts since you'll be able to watch their respective videos and you'll have their workout trackers. You'll also have all the exercise pictures for each workout. All of these tools can be downloaded to your computer. The workout trackers and exercise pictures are in PDF format so that you can also print them and have them by your side during each workout.
Are these workouts only for the gym?
No. The Fitter U Fitness workouts are designed to be used anywhere you want - such as the gym, your home, and even while you travel. Each month, you will receive new and exciting workouts that will incorporate different pieces of equipment like dumbbells, the stability ball, barbells, or just your bodyweight.
Ultimately, the location of the workout will depend on the workout itself and what minimal equipment it requires.
How do I know if Fitter U Fitness will suit my fitness level?
As long as you're not an absolute beginner, you can benefit Fitter U Fitness. The reason for this is that all the workouts are based on your relative fitness level, which means that you won't be asked to lift a specific weight, but rather to choose a weight and pace that will challenge you for the given number of repetitions or time prescribed for each exercise.
Rest assured, I have developed the Fitter U Fitness so that people from every walk can benefit from the unique athletic workouts that make up the program.
How is Fitter U Fitness different from the original Fitter U program?
Well, first, the original Fitter U was only 12 weeks long and developed exclusively in MP3 and PDF format.
Fitter U Fitness, sequel, is a monthly membership program that provides you with new and exciting athletic workouts in audio, video, and PDF format. As a member, you also have on-going access to the "Locker Room" forum for all the assistance and social support you could want.
These elements were not part of the first Fitter U program. Furthermore, Fitter U Fitness is slightly more advance (yet appropriate for everyone except absolute beginners), more time efficient, and has been developed to produce even greater results than its predecessor!
Download and Technical Assistance
What happens after I join?
Upon joining Fitter U Fitness you will be directed to our members-only site page where you can immediately download all of the workouts and get started as soon as you like.
You can then click on each link to download the workout files onto your computer’s hard drive. Each MP3 audio and MP4 video file is compressed in zip format (in order to speed download time), so ensure that once they are on your computer you “unzip” or “decompress” the files.
Once the files are on your computer you can then upload them to the appropriate software to get them onto your iPod or MP3 player.
1. Visit the appropriate page in the members that has the workouts for the given month you'd like to view and download.
2. Click the download link(s) to download the workout(s) to your computer's desktop.
3. A "File Download" box will appear asking you to "Open", "Save", or "Cancel".
4. Choose "Save" to save the program to your desktop and then allow the program to download (may take several minutes).
5. Find the newly downloaded program (which is in a zipped folder) on your desktop and RIGHT CLICK on the icon (should look like a locked folder).
6. A drop-down menu will appear.
7. Select "Extract files..." to unzip the folder and release its contents.
7. The folder's contents (ie. your workouts) will automatically be saved into a normal looking folder (ie. unzipped) and are now ready to be accessed and uploaded your player of choice.
MP3 AUDIO WORKOUTS - for iPods (using iTunes):
1. Note the name of the folder in which the downloaded workout (MP3) files have been saved.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Click on "File" on the top left of the iTunes window - a drop down menu will appear.
4. Select “Add Folder to Library…” – add folder in which your downloaded (and unzipped) files have been saved.
5. Your MP3 workouts are now ready to upload to your iPod.
6. Simply click and drag the desired MP3 workouts from your iTunes library onto the iPod icon (on the left hand panel of iTunes).
7. You’re all set to go!
MP3 AUDIO WORKOUTS - for MP3 players (using Windows Media Player):
1. Note the name of the folder in which the downloaded MP3 files have been saved.
2. Open Windows Media Player
3. Click on the small triangular button (top right corner) to drop down menu.
4. Select "File" from the little arrow near the top corner of the Windows Media Player window.
5. Select “Add to Library” from the drop down list.
6. Select “Add folder…” – add folder in which your unzipped MP3 workout files have been saved.
7. You’re now ready to upload the workouts onto your MP3 player.
8. Click and drag the desired workout files into the "Playlist" section of Windows Media Player.
9. Once all your workout files have been put into the "Playlist" section, click on "Start Sync" for the upload to your MP3 player to begin.
How large (memory space) are the Fitter U Fitness files?
That depends on whether it's an MP3 audio or MP4 video file. The MP4 video files tend be larger ranging in size from about 60 to 200 MB, while the MP3 audio workouts are generally no larger than about 100 MB each.
Depending on your connection speed, these files may take up to 20 minutes to download. You will be able to watch the workout videos "streaming" (right on the web page) as well as being able to download them to your computer/iPod.
What happens if I have an iPod Shuffle or Nano? Will the workouts still fit?
Of course! Most iPod Shuffles can hold up to 1 GB and Nanos can hold up to 8 GB. Since our workouts range in size from 60 to 200 MB you can easily upload up to 9 or 10 workouts (on a Shuffle) and all of the workouts onto an iPod Nano.
Regarding the iPod Shuffle: Because the workouts don't always have to be on your shuffle you can upload and then remove the workouts as you choose. Also, as of right now, the iPod shuffle doesn't show video. Therefore, only the MP3 audio workouts will be suitable for the shuffle.
What kind of internet connection do I need?
It is recommended that you have a high speed connection to the internet in order to facilitate and speed download times. The MP3 and MP4 files are compressed in a zip file which makes the download more efficient but the files are very large and can take hours to download over a dial up connection.
Our server has the capacity to handle thousands of visitors at a time but that is only one component of the process. The other component is the service provider in which you use to connect to the internet. If your server has limited bandwidth it could corrupt your download.
How long does is take for the workouts to download onto my computer?
It all depends on your internet connection and which program you are downloading. If you are using a high speed connection each workout should take no longer than 10-12 minutes to download. If you are using a dial up connection then the download process can take much longer.
We've zipped all the workouts into zip files in order to speed the download process as best possible.
Still have more questions?
Send your question to info(at)totalwellnessconsulting. We will be sure to respond within 24 hours.
Get Started Today...Your First Month is FREE!