How To Burn Fat At The Gym
By Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN
If you’re going to the gym to burn fat, you need to know all the relevant tips to achieve this. We have listed the most major factors which will help you reach your goal.
1. The first factor for burning fat in the gym is all about exercising close to your maximum heart rate. I would say over 50% of people who attend a gym, are not sure how many number of times their heart has to beat per minute to burn fat. The more time you spend away from your maximum heart rate, the less effectively you will be burning calories, and thus fat.
2. Your Maximum heart rate: The American heart association claim there are two calculations that you need to be aware of - your fat burning heart rate and your maximum heart rate. The calculation for your maximum heart rate is 220 take away your age. This would mean a 30 year olds maximum heart rate is 190. To put it short, when you are performing your cardiovascular exercise you want to be close your heart rate in order to get the greatest cardiovascular and fat burning benefits.
3. The fat burning zone: The fat burning zone is around 50 - 65% of your maximum heart rate. This is not where you want to spend a lot your time. In fact, you’ll be wasting your time if you do. As we just mentioned, get out of the fat burning zone and work at higher intensities to get great results.
4. Ask a professional for help: A while ago you may have been skinny or you exercised as a teenager, but this doesn’t mean you know how to exercise. According to statistics 9 out of 10 people working out in the gym are performing their exercises incorrectly. It doesn't matter if you were professionally trained ten years ago. Philosophies and ideologies have come on leaps and bounds in the last ten years. Find the correct routine to suit your goals and search for a good trainer.
5. Stay away from diet pills: Sticking to a diet and consuming diet pills doesn't work. According to statistics there around 30,000 diet pills available, all of them are bogus. The customer will lose weight at the beginning, but over the long run it eventually comes back .People actually gain weight after they jump back from their "fool proof diet" according to scientific data. When you’re surfing on the internet, don't believe the generic charts. Your doctor or trainer and you should decide what’s best.
6. Focus more of your time doing full body strength training exercises. The more muscle you can involve in a movement, the more calories you’ll be burn. The last thing you want to do sit on a bench doing isolate exercises last biceps curls or shoulder presses. Instead, go for exercises like squat presses, lunge walks, pull-ups – just to name a few.
START BURNING FAT LIKE AN ATHLETE TODAY!